Human Health Assessments
We have broad experience in the performance of human health exposure and risk assessments.
For human health exposure and risk assessment, we use all current exposure models for the prediction of acute and chronic consumer exposure (e.g. EFSA model, WHO models, TNsG (2007), BEAT, ConsExpo and various national models) as well as occupational assessments for operator, worker, bystander and resident. Available background or supporting data are taken into consideration on a case-by-case basis in order to refine the risk assessment (including probabilistic approaches). We are experts in adapting standard models to non-standard uses.
The performance of human health exposure and risk assessments is usually done as part of dossier preparation. However, it can also be done as a stand-alone task.
- Human health exposure and risk assessments for all types of products and chemicals
- Tailored exposure and risk assessments for substances with non-standard applications
- Study planning and monitoring of all kind of toxicological studies required in the context of a human health exposure and risk assessment
- Weight of evidence (WoE) assessments: in vitro, in vivo and in silico data
- Predictive in silico toxicology assessments :
- Conducting (Quantitative) structure-activity relationship ((Q)SAR) analysis
- Grouping of chemicals
- Data gap filling approaches, such as read-across and trend analysis
- Mode of action (MoA) analysis: adverse outcome pathway (AOP) concept.